About the title of this blogThe first title was "Another blog about free software". Later I changed it to "The bright side" as a tribute of Monty Python's "Always look at the bright side of life" (from Brian's Life film). The background philosophy of free software and its communities also make me feel these good vibrations coming from the bright side of life.
Become a Conservancy Supporter!
No DRM in HTML 5
- New comment by larjona April 30, 2017@zagur Quizá Transportr
- New comment by larjona April 30, 2017@ondiz en las bibliotecas que frecuento, verifican que el disco esté bien antes de prestarlas. Si no lo hicieron, no pueden acusarte.
- New comment by larjona April 29, 2017@andersbateva Thanks for the suggestion. That would work for the blog posts but not other pump.io notes. I'll find my way, no worries ;)
- New note by larjona April 29, 2017New blogpost: "Underestimating #Debian" https://larjona.wordpress.com/2017/04/14/underestimating-debian/
- New note by larjona April 29, 2017Well, the bridge that I was using for pump.io -> GNU Social is broken since long; so I'll try to repost here until I find better solution
- New comment by larjona April 30, 2017
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Tag CloudAndroid Blog books code_swarm Communities Companies Contributing to libre software Creative Commons data mining Debian Developer motivations development Development tools DNIe Drupal Eclipse Economic Aspects Education encryption English Español F-Droid FaiF SaaS federation Forges Free Cultural Works Free culture Freedom Free Software Free Software Foundation funny Games git GNOME gpg identi.ca innovation internationalization KDE LaTeX LibreOffice libre software Libre software for Windows licenses Linux localization MediaGoblin Moodle Moving into free software MSR msr12 mswl mswl-cases mswl-communities mswl-devtools mswl-dm mswl-eco mswl-integ mswl-intro mswl-legal mswl-manage mswl-thesis Netiquette OpenOffice Project Management pump.io Research selfhosting social networks statistics statusnet sysadmin translations Ubuntu University
My git repoHere you can find the documents that I wrote about libre software. Most of them are final reports for the subjects of Master of Libre Software at URJC Link to Gitorious mswl-larjona-docs repository
Tag Archives: books
Exprimiendo las Creative Commons: “Traducir (con) software libre”, bibliotecas, y pesquisas sobre digitalización
Nota: este artículo no es una reseña del libro, sino que explica los retos que me ha planteado su redistribución (autorizada, pues se ha publicado con licencia CC-By-NC). Si quieres el libro en formato digital, lee hasta el final 😉 … Continue reading
As I told you before, I am reading this book by Karl Fogel and here I will comment the second chapter, “Getting started”. This chapter gives the essential clues to successfully distribute an open source project: how to attract users … Continue reading
I am reading the book “Producing Open Source Software (How to Run a Successful Free Software Project)” written by Karl Fogel. It is published under a CreativeCommons Attribution-ShareAlike (3.0) license and you can download from its website producingoss.com. This book … Continue reading
Last week I could not attend to my Case Studies I lesson (I am studying the Official Master’s Program on Libre Software at Universidad Rey juan Carlos), and it was about compiling the Linux kernel. What a pity! I’ve never … Continue reading