About the title of this blogThe first title was "Another blog about free software". Later I changed it to "The bright side" as a tribute of Monty Python's "Always look at the bright side of life" (from Brian's Life film). The background philosophy of free software and its communities also make me feel these good vibrations coming from the bright side of life.
Become a Conservancy Supporter!
No DRM in HTML 5
- New note by larjona January 8, 2017Oferta 2 plazas ayud. invest. en la UCM (Madrid), para proyectos en blockchain y gobernanza de comunidades colaborativas http://qttr.at/1mny
- larjona repeated a notice by cr0n0s December 11, 2016RT @cr0n0s Un nuevo mapero en #OpenStreetMap, el Presidente del Perú Pedro Pablo Kuczynski http://qttr.at/1ljj
- New comment by larjona November 18, 2016@moshpirit Several nodes are down. I pinged the admin today and he said he would look at it.
- New comment by larjona November 12, 2016@revueltafeminista hotpump.net está caído. Avisaré al admin
- New note by larjona November 9, 2016Thanks Russ Allbery for your thoughts on US elections http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/journal/2016-11/003.html /v planetdebian
- New note by larjona January 8, 2017
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Tag CloudAndroid Blog books code_swarm Communities Companies Contributing to libre software Creative Commons data mining Debian Developer motivations development Development tools Drupal Eclipse Economic Aspects Education encryption English Español F-Droid FaiF SaaS federation Forges Free Cultural Works Free culture Freedom Free Software Free Software Foundation funny Games git GNOME gpg identi.ca innovation internationalization KDE LaTeX LibreOffice libre software licenses Linux localization MediaGoblin Moodle Moving into free software MSR msr12 mswl mswl-cases mswl-communities mswl-devtools mswl-dm mswl-eco mswl-eval mswl-integ mswl-intro mswl-legal mswl-manage mswl-thesis Netiquette OpenOffice Project Evaluation Project Management pump.io Research selfhosting social networks statistics statusnet sysadmin translations Ubuntu University
My git repoHere you can find the documents that I wrote about libre software. Most of them are final reports for the subjects of Master of Libre Software at URJC Link to Gitorious mswl-larjona-docs repository
Tag Archives: mswl-communities
Me preguntaron sobre StatusNet para montar una red social de microblogueo interna en una institución. Como usuaria de identi.ca, fan de la federación (aunque aún no he montado mi propio servidor…) y humilde seguidora de la comunidad de Status.Net, he … Continue reading
Next June 2-3 I will be in Zurich attending to 2012 MSR Conference (The 9th Working Conference on Mining Software Repositories, an ICSE co-located event). It will be my first time going to a conference, I will introduce a short … Continue reading
In MSWL-Communities course (part of the Master on Libre on Libre Software that I am attending), students were told to analyze Eye of Gnome project in order to find the most important developer, and also to create our own definition … Continue reading
Code_swarm is the name of one project of Michael Ogawa. He has been studying libre software communities, how people involved in projects interact with each other. He builds visual representations of his sudies, and one of this visualizations is code_swarm: … Continue reading
FLOSSProject, FLOSSWorld, FLOSSmole, FLOSSmetrics, FLOSSFoundations, FLOSShub… This is a collection of links to (serious) sites about Free, Libre, Open Source Software (FLOSS). I swear to you, I did not steal the bookmarks from my teachers, I found it by myself … Continue reading
I have never liked statistics, but at this point maybe you already know that I am a curious person. And the course “Communities” at the Master of Libre Software that I am attending at Universidad Rey Juan Carlos injected me … Continue reading
When you install a Debian system, if you agree to collaborate sending data about package usage, debian popularity-contest package is installed and sets up a cron job to periodically submit the list of packages installed and the access time of … Continue reading