About the title of this blogThe first title was "Another blog about free software". Later I changed it to "The bright side" as a tribute of Monty Python's "Always look at the bright side of life" (from Brian's Life film). The background philosophy of free software and its communities also make me feel these good vibrations coming from the bright side of life.
Become a Conservancy Supporter!
No DRM in HTML 5
- New comment by larjona April 30, 2017@zagur Quizá Transportr
- New comment by larjona April 30, 2017@ondiz en las bibliotecas que frecuento, verifican que el disco esté bien antes de prestarlas. Si no lo hicieron, no pueden acusarte.
- New comment by larjona April 29, 2017@andersbateva Thanks for the suggestion. That would work for the blog posts but not other pump.io notes. I'll find my way, no worries ;)
- New note by larjona April 29, 2017New blogpost: "Underestimating #Debian" https://larjona.wordpress.com/2017/04/14/underestimating-debian/
- New note by larjona April 29, 2017Well, the bridge that I was using for pump.io -> GNU Social is broken since long; so I'll try to repost here until I find better solution
- New comment by larjona April 30, 2017
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Tag CloudAndroid Blog books code_swarm Communities Companies Contributing to libre software Creative Commons data mining Debian Developer motivations development Development tools DNIe Drupal Eclipse Economic Aspects Education encryption English Español F-Droid FaiF SaaS federation Forges Free Cultural Works Free culture Freedom Free Software Free Software Foundation funny Games git GNOME gpg identi.ca innovation internationalization KDE LaTeX LibreOffice libre software Libre software for Windows licenses Linux localization MediaGoblin Moodle Moving into free software MSR msr12 mswl mswl-cases mswl-communities mswl-devtools mswl-dm mswl-eco mswl-integ mswl-intro mswl-legal mswl-manage mswl-thesis Netiquette OpenOffice Project Management pump.io Research selfhosting social networks statistics statusnet sysadmin translations Ubuntu University
My git repoHere you can find the documents that I wrote about libre software. Most of them are final reports for the subjects of Master of Libre Software at URJC Link to Gitorious mswl-larjona-docs repository
Tag Archives: mswl-thesis
También puedes encontrar este artículo en español. Didn’t I say this before?: (#iloveplaintext). You can be sure that there is a way to switch the format you chose for writing a document, into a different format, probably keeping most of … Continue reading
You can find this article in English. ¿He dicho esto antes? Me encanta el texto sencillo (#iloveplaintext). Puedes estar segura de que hay alguna manera para cambiar del formato que elegiste para escribir un documento, a otro formato diferente, probablemente … Continue reading
On Monday 25th, June 2012 I will present my master thesis about “Translations in Libre Software”. You can download the Document (PDF), or the slides for the presentation. All the sources and history in in my git repo (“thesis” folder). As … Continue reading
This year I will try to finish my (academic) studies about libre software and I have to write a master thesis. I decided to work on translations on libre software. In this post I will explain my current status of … Continue reading
Git is a distributed control version system, and it is widely used for maintaining source code in libre software projects. Git can track changes to any text file (not only source code), so may be used also to maintain text-based … Continue reading
This year I will begin my master’s thesis. I decided to learn and write about translations in libre software. Libre software licenses allow the user to modify the program, so it is legally possible to translate any libre software to … Continue reading