About the title of this blogThe first title was "Another blog about free software". Later I changed it to "The bright side" as a tribute of Monty Python's "Always look at the bright side of life" (from Brian's Life film). The background philosophy of free software and its communities also make me feel these good vibrations coming from the bright side of life.
Become a Conservancy Supporter!
No DRM in HTML 5
- New comment by larjona April 30, 2017@zagur Quizá Transportr
- New comment by larjona April 30, 2017@ondiz en las bibliotecas que frecuento, verifican que el disco esté bien antes de prestarlas. Si no lo hicieron, no pueden acusarte.
- New comment by larjona April 29, 2017@andersbateva Thanks for the suggestion. That would work for the blog posts but not other pump.io notes. I'll find my way, no worries ;)
- New note by larjona April 29, 2017New blogpost: "Underestimating #Debian" https://larjona.wordpress.com/2017/04/14/underestimating-debian/
- New note by larjona April 29, 2017Well, the bridge that I was using for pump.io -> GNU Social is broken since long; so I'll try to repost here until I find better solution
- New comment by larjona April 30, 2017
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Tag CloudAndroid Blog books code_swarm Communities Companies Contributing to libre software Creative Commons data mining Debian Developer motivations development Development tools DNIe Drupal Eclipse Economic Aspects Education encryption English Español F-Droid FaiF SaaS federation Forges Free Cultural Works Free culture Freedom Free Software Free Software Foundation funny Games git GNOME gpg identi.ca innovation internationalization KDE LaTeX LibreOffice libre software Libre software for Windows licenses Linux localization MediaGoblin Moodle Moving into free software MSR msr12 mswl mswl-cases mswl-communities mswl-devtools mswl-dm mswl-eco mswl-integ mswl-intro mswl-legal mswl-manage mswl-thesis Netiquette OpenOffice Project Management pump.io Research selfhosting social networks statistics statusnet sysadmin translations Ubuntu University
My git repoHere you can find the documents that I wrote about libre software. Most of them are final reports for the subjects of Master of Libre Software at URJC Link to Gitorious mswl-larjona-docs repository
Tag Archives: social networks
Yesterday some Debian people in Madrid we met to have a drink together and GPG keysigning.I have received 2 signs already #oleole! :)Some minutes ago, I signed all the keys and sent the corresponding emails. Since I have to dedicate … Continue reading →
I’m getting more spam than the amount that I can stand in this blog. Comments are moderated, so the public is not suffering that, only me. From time to time I go to my dashboard and clean the spam. I’m … Continue reading →
(Read this post in English) Resumiendo Usable, gran potencial, necesita usuarios y amor ¡Esto es sólo mi opinión! Versión larga (demasiado larga…) He estado usando Pump.io desde marzo de 2013 para pruebas, y más intensamente desde la migración de Identi.ca … Continue reading →
(lee este artículo en español) TL;DR Usable, strong potential, needs users and love This is only my opinion! Long version (too long…) I’ve been using Pump.io since March 2013 for testing, and more intensively since the migration of Identi.ca in … Continue reading →
In the non-libre-software world, we have well known social networks. Each one is built on its own privative social network system, let’s call it a software stack. Many of them use libre software in part of that software stack, but … Continue reading →
If you want to know a bit more about my thoughts on social networks, you can read “Social Networks from my point of view (as libre software user)“. This post is just a practical summary about the social networks that … Continue reading →