About the title of this blogThe first title was "Another blog about free software". Later I changed it to "The bright side" as a tribute of Monty Python's "Always look at the bright side of life" (from Brian's Life film). The background philosophy of free software and its communities also make me feel these good vibrations coming from the bright side of life.
Become a Conservancy Supporter!
No DRM in HTML 5
- New comment by larjona September 15, 2017@tuttle gracias por elegir Debian!
- New comment by larjona September 15, 2017@6gain I've always thought opposite: people thinks webdev more "suitable" for women because it includes design, and sysop/net/bd "for men"
- New comment by larjona September 15, 2017@6gain hello, I've had two females web developers as colleagues and they called themselves like that, and people call them like that, too.
- New comment by larjona September 9, 2017@tuttle ¿qué Debian? En portátiles nuevos quizá testing te de mejor resultado: núcleo linux más nuevo...
- New note by larjona June 29, 2017If you want to learn the questions prior to start the survey, have a look at http://barcomb.org/survey.pdf
- New comment by larjona September 15, 2017
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Contributing to libre software
- Creative Commons
- data mining
- Developer motivations
- Development tools
- Economic Aspects
- FaiF SaaS
- Free Cultural Works
- Free culture
- Free Software
- Free Software Foundation
- libre software
- Libre software for Windows
- Moving into free software
- Project Management
- social networks
My git repoHere you can find the documents that I wrote about libre software. Most of them are final reports for the subjects of Master of Libre Software at URJC Link to Gitorious mswl-larjona-docs repository
Tag Archives: translations
Some days I feel super lazy but I still would like to go on contributing translations to Debian. Then, I leave the web translations a bit, and change to translate or review Debian package descriptions. It’s something that anybody can … Continue reading
I’ve just applied to be a (non uploading) Debian Developer. I’ve just filled in the form, and decrypted the message that I received to confirm my application (I had read the important documents long time ago, and again, some weeks … Continue reading
This small guide assumes that you know how to create a public repository with git (or other version control system). Maybe some projects use other VCS, Subversion or whatever; the process would be similar although the commands will be different … Continue reading
Today we celebrate the day of free software (each year, a saturday around mid-September) More info at softwarefreedomday.org There are no public events in Madrid, but I’m going to try to hack and write a bit more this weekend, as … Continue reading
Wow, I cannot believe it has already been 2 weeks from MiniDebConf Barcelona. It has been the first Debian event (and free software conference) that I have attended in person, and I took the opportunity to get more involved, giving … Continue reading
My blog is included now in Planet Debian, so this post is to say hello 🙂 And what can be better to explain who I am, that saying that I am a Debian Contributor? What does “Debian Contributor” mean? There … Continue reading
I came ‘late’ to many free software communities (including identi.ca), when the software had been released more than two years before, and the community was already mature. So, when Evan Prodromou announced the migration of Identi.ca to a new software … Continue reading
También puedes encontrar este artículo en español. Didn’t I say this before?: (#iloveplaintext). You can be sure that there is a way to switch the format you chose for writing a document, into a different format, probably keeping most of … Continue reading
You can find this article in English. ¿He dicho esto antes? Me encanta el texto sencillo (#iloveplaintext). Puedes estar segura de que hay alguna manera para cambiar del formato que elegiste para escribir un documento, a otro formato diferente, probablemente … Continue reading
Este documento es la traducción al español del original en inglés Identi.ca conversion to pump.io, escrito por Evan Prodromou. Este artículo está bajo una licencia CC-By (Creative Commons Reconocimiento 3.0 Unported). El servicio de red social Identi.ca se cambiará a … Continue reading