About the title of this blogThe first title was "Another blog about free software". Later I changed it to "The bright side" as a tribute of Monty Python's "Always look at the bright side of life" (from Brian's Life film). The background philosophy of free software and its communities also make me feel these good vibrations coming from the bright side of life.
Become a Conservancy Supporter!
No DRM in HTML 5
- New comment by larjona September 15, 2017@tuttle gracias por elegir Debian!
- New comment by larjona September 15, 2017@6gain I've always thought opposite: people thinks webdev more "suitable" for women because it includes design, and sysop/net/bd "for men"
- New comment by larjona September 15, 2017@6gain hello, I've had two females web developers as colleagues and they called themselves like that, and people call them like that, too.
- New comment by larjona September 9, 2017@tuttle ¿qué Debian? En portátiles nuevos quizá testing te de mejor resultado: núcleo linux más nuevo...
- New note by larjona June 29, 2017If you want to learn the questions prior to start the survey, have a look at http://barcomb.org/survey.pdf
- New comment by larjona September 15, 2017
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Tag CloudAndroid Blog books code_swarm Communities Companies Contributing to libre software Creative Commons data mining Debian Developer motivations development Development tools DNIe Drupal Eclipse Economic Aspects Education encryption English Español F-Droid FaiF SaaS federation Forges Free Cultural Works Free culture Freedom Free Software Free Software Foundation funny Games git GNOME gpg identi.ca innovation internationalization KDE LaTeX LibreOffice libre software Libre software for Windows licenses Linux localization MediaGoblin Moodle Moving into free software MSR msr12 mswl mswl-cases mswl-communities mswl-devtools mswl-dm mswl-eco mswl-integ mswl-intro mswl-legal mswl-manage mswl-thesis Netiquette OpenOffice Project Management pump.io Research selfhosting social networks statistics statusnet sysadmin translations Ubuntu University
My git repoHere you can find the documents that I wrote about libre software. Most of them are final reports for the subjects of Master of Libre Software at URJC Link to Gitorious mswl-larjona-docs repository
Tag Archives: Ubuntu
I wanted to get rid of my Ubuntu 10.04 partition in my netbook. I wanted to have enough free space to try to install and use other operative systems in my computer. Ubuntu was the first GNU/Linux that I installed … Continue reading
I have to say that I was feeling attracted by KDE since the very beginning I started to know about Linux desktops. Before Linux, I was a Windows XP user, always changing the theme to “Windows classic”, and deactivating all … Continue reading
One year ago I began as a Linux user installing Ubuntu 10.04 in my notebook. Few months later I installed Linux in my desktop at job but that time I chose Debian (stable) and then I switched to Debian testing … Continue reading
As part of my homework at Master of Libre Software, I had to make a video about anything interesting as Introduction to Libre Software. I chose to talk about Linux Distributions, because it is incredible the diversity of them and … Continue reading
I will explain here how I met the wubi installer from Ubuntu. Wubi is the officially supported Ubuntu installer for Windows users, that can install and uninstall Ubuntu as any other Windows application, in a simple and safe way. You … Continue reading
I just installed Ubuntu in my Compaq Mini 110C, I will write here my comments.