About the title of this blogThe first title was "Another blog about free software". Later I changed it to "The bright side" as a tribute of Monty Python's "Always look at the bright side of life" (from Brian's Life film). The background philosophy of free software and its communities also make me feel these good vibrations coming from the bright side of life.
Become a Conservancy Supporter!
No DRM in HTML 5
- New note by larjona January 8, 2017Oferta 2 plazas ayud. invest. en la UCM (Madrid), para proyectos en blockchain y gobernanza de comunidades colaborativas http://qttr.at/1mny
- larjona repeated a notice by cr0n0s December 11, 2016RT @cr0n0s Un nuevo mapero en #OpenStreetMap, el Presidente del Perú Pedro Pablo Kuczynski http://qttr.at/1ljj
- New comment by larjona November 18, 2016@moshpirit Several nodes are down. I pinged the admin today and he said he would look at it.
- New comment by larjona November 12, 2016@revueltafeminista hotpump.net está caído. Avisaré al admin
- New note by larjona November 9, 2016Thanks Russ Allbery for your thoughts on US elections http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/journal/2016-11/003.html /v planetdebian
- New note by larjona January 8, 2017
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Tag CloudAndroid Blog books code_swarm Communities Companies Contributing to libre software Creative Commons data mining Debian Developer motivations development Development tools Drupal Eclipse Economic Aspects Education encryption English Español F-Droid FaiF SaaS federation Forges Free Cultural Works Free culture Freedom Free Software Free Software Foundation funny Games git GNOME gpg identi.ca innovation internationalization KDE LaTeX LibreOffice libre software licenses Linux localization MediaGoblin Moodle Moving into free software MSR msr12 mswl mswl-cases mswl-communities mswl-devtools mswl-dm mswl-eco mswl-eval mswl-integ mswl-intro mswl-legal mswl-manage mswl-thesis Netiquette OpenOffice Project Evaluation Project Management pump.io Research selfhosting social networks statistics statusnet sysadmin translations Ubuntu University
My git repoHere you can find the documents that I wrote about libre software. Most of them are final reports for the subjects of Master of Libre Software at URJC Link to Gitorious mswl-larjona-docs repository
Tag Archives: Development tools
On February 3rd, Carlos García Campos came to MSWL Case Studies II to talk about Webkit. He works in Igalia on this multiplatform web engine, designed in a modular way, to be used in many different applications that require to … Continue reading
Last year I learnt about software forges in MSWL Project Management subject, and I thought it was a very interesting idea to have all the information and workflows associated to a software project in a website infrastructure. Before than that, … Continue reading
In other post I introduced the free software Git, a distributed revision control system with an emphasis on speed. This time I will talk about the legal aspects of an interesting book about git, “Pro Git” written by Scott Chacon … Continue reading
A distributed revision control system keeps track of software revisions and allows many developers to work on a given project without necessarily being connected to a common network. Using a revision control system is clue for free software projects: The … Continue reading