About the title of this blogThe first title was "Another blog about free software". Later I changed it to "The bright side" as a tribute of Monty Python's "Always look at the bright side of life" (from Brian's Life film). The background philosophy of free software and its communities also make me feel these good vibrations coming from the bright side of life.
Become a Conservancy Supporter!
No DRM in HTML 5
- New comment by larjona September 15, 2017@tuttle gracias por elegir Debian!
- New comment by larjona September 15, 2017@6gain I've always thought opposite: people thinks webdev more "suitable" for women because it includes design, and sysop/net/bd "for men"
- New comment by larjona September 15, 2017@6gain hello, I've had two females web developers as colleagues and they called themselves like that, and people call them like that, too.
- New comment by larjona September 9, 2017@tuttle ¿qué Debian? En portátiles nuevos quizá testing te de mejor resultado: núcleo linux más nuevo...
- New note by larjona June 29, 2017If you want to learn the questions prior to start the survey, have a look at http://barcomb.org/survey.pdf
- New comment by larjona September 15, 2017
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Contributing to libre software
- Creative Commons
- data mining
- Developer motivations
- Development tools
- Economic Aspects
- FaiF SaaS
- Free Cultural Works
- Free culture
- Free Software
- Free Software Foundation
- libre software
- Libre software for Windows
- Moving into free software
- Project Management
- social networks
My git repoHere you can find the documents that I wrote about libre software. Most of them are final reports for the subjects of Master of Libre Software at URJC Link to Gitorious mswl-larjona-docs repository
Tag Archives: Android
I had two issues in the last days that lead me a bit into panic until they got solved. In both cases the issue was external to Debian but I first thought that the problem was in Debian. I’m not … Continue reading
Thanks to the Bazaar effort of The Guardian Project, I’ve been offered a phone to test F-Droid and other free software apps for Android. I accepted the offer, and chose a Samsung Galaxy S III phone with Replicant 4.2.2, installed and shipped by Tehnoetic. I’m using … Continue reading
This small guide assumes that you know how to create a public repository with git (or other version control system). Maybe some projects use other VCS, Subversion or whatever; the process would be similar although the commands will be different … Continue reading
Today we celebrate the day of free software (each year, a saturday around mid-September) More info at softwarefreedomday.org There are no public events in Madrid, but I’m going to try to hack and write a bit more this weekend, as … Continue reading
Esto es una traducción del artículo “Secure Boot and Restricted Boot” escrito por Matthew Garrett y publicado el 26 de marzo de 2013. El repositorio git que he usado para la traducción sigue activo, por si alguien tiene alguna contribución … Continue reading
Hace poco envié mi segundo artículo de investigación para revisión, ¡y aún no publiqué nada sobre la experiencia de escribir el primero! ¡Y ya ha pasado casi un año! “Mining for localization in Android” supuso un cierto cambio en mi … Continue reading
Happy 2013 everybody!! Well it seems I’m not a University student anymore… Last June I finished my master on libre software and I decide to give a break on ‘official’ studies for now, but keep on reading, studying, researching and … Continue reading
Como continuación del post “Pequeñas joyas del software libre”, y con motivo del día internacional del software libre, hoy mencionaré algunos programas que hacen más libre mis dispositivos Android. Android es software libre pero tus cacharros Android no Aunque Android … Continue reading
As I told before, these days I attended to MSR Conference and I presented a short paper for the Mining Challenge, called “Mining for localization in Android”, in joint work with Gregorio Robles. I will use this blog post to … Continue reading
Next June 2-3 I will be in Zurich attending to 2012 MSR Conference (The 9th Working Conference on Mining Software Repositories, an ICSE co-located event). It will be my first time going to a conference, I will introduce a short … Continue reading