About the title of this blogThe first title was "Another blog about free software". Later I changed it to "The bright side" as a tribute of Monty Python's "Always look at the bright side of life" (from Brian's Life film). The background philosophy of free software and its communities also make me feel these good vibrations coming from the bright side of life.
Become a Conservancy Supporter!
No DRM in HTML 5
- New comment by larjona September 15, 2017@tuttle gracias por elegir Debian!
- New comment by larjona September 15, 2017@6gain I've always thought opposite: people thinks webdev more "suitable" for women because it includes design, and sysop/net/bd "for men"
- New comment by larjona September 15, 2017@6gain hello, I've had two females web developers as colleagues and they called themselves like that, and people call them like that, too.
- New comment by larjona September 9, 2017@tuttle ¿qué Debian? En portátiles nuevos quizá testing te de mejor resultado: núcleo linux más nuevo...
- New note by larjona June 29, 2017If you want to learn the questions prior to start the survey, have a look at http://barcomb.org/survey.pdf
- New comment by larjona September 15, 2017
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Contributing to libre software
- Creative Commons
- data mining
- Developer motivations
- Development tools
- Economic Aspects
- FaiF SaaS
- Free Cultural Works
- Free culture
- Free Software
- Free Software Foundation
- libre software
- Libre software for Windows
- Moving into free software
- Project Management
- social networks
My git repoHere you can find the documents that I wrote about libre software. Most of them are final reports for the subjects of Master of Libre Software at URJC Link to Gitorious mswl-larjona-docs repository
Category Archives: Tools
Realicé una instalación desde cero de Debian 9 Stretch en uno de mis portátiles y aún no había instalado el DNI (Documento nacional de Identidad) electrónico para hacer gestiones con las administraciones públicas españolas, así que me he puesto hoy … Continue reading
We had 12 candidates for the Debian Stretch Artwork and a survey was set up for allowing people to vote which one they prefer. The survey was run in my LimeSurvey instance, surveys.larjona.net. LimeSurvey its a nice free software with … Continue reading
Thanks to the Bazaar effort of The Guardian Project, I’ve been offered a phone to test F-Droid and other free software apps for Android. I accepted the offer, and chose a Samsung Galaxy S III phone with Replicant 4.2.2, installed and shipped by Tehnoetic. I’m using … Continue reading
Some months ago I changed my preferred email address. I updated my profile in different sites to point to the new address, and changed my subscriptions in mailing lists. I forgot about subscriptions to Debian bugs. I like that you … Continue reading
Some days I feel super lazy but I still would like to go on contributing translations to Debian. Then, I leave the web translations a bit, and change to translate or review Debian package descriptions. It’s something that anybody can … Continue reading
This small guide assumes that you know how to create a public repository with git (or other version control system). Maybe some projects use other VCS, Subversion or whatever; the process would be similar although the commands will be different … Continue reading
Achievement unlocked: I have a new GPG key: 0xF22674467E4AF4A3 pub 4096R/7E4AF4A3 2014-07-13 [caduca: 2016-07-12] Fingerprint = 445E 3AD0 3690 3F47 E19B 37B2 F226 7446 7E4A F4A3 uid Laura Arjona Reina <firstname.lastname@example.org> uid Laura Arjona Reina <email@example.com> uid Laura Arjona Reina … Continue reading
TL;DR This key is no longer usable: pub 2048R/9C6C32C7 2014-02-16 Laura ARJONA REINA <firstname.lastname@example.org> Laura ARJONA REINA <email@example.com> Laura ARJONA REINA <firstname.lastname@example.org> Old key 0xE20474C3 no longer valid: lost secret key. (Clave antigua 0xE20474C4 ya no es válida: clave secreta … Continue reading
I’m participating in the organization of the FLOSS Survey 2013. I hope many people fill in the survey and we get a nice picture of how free, libre, open source developers and contributors are (demographics, motivations, etc). I hope we … Continue reading