About the title of this blogThe first title was "Another blog about free software". Later I changed it to "The bright side" as a tribute of Monty Python's "Always look at the bright side of life" (from Brian's Life film). The background philosophy of free software and its communities also make me feel these good vibrations coming from the bright side of life.
Become a Conservancy Supporter!
No DRM in HTML 5
- New comment by larjona September 15, 2017@tuttle gracias por elegir Debian!
- New comment by larjona September 15, 2017@6gain I've always thought opposite: people thinks webdev more "suitable" for women because it includes design, and sysop/net/bd "for men"
- New comment by larjona September 15, 2017@6gain hello, I've had two females web developers as colleagues and they called themselves like that, and people call them like that, too.
- New comment by larjona September 9, 2017@tuttle ¿qué Debian? En portátiles nuevos quizá testing te de mejor resultado: núcleo linux más nuevo...
- New note by larjona June 29, 2017If you want to learn the questions prior to start the survey, have a look at http://barcomb.org/survey.pdf
- New comment by larjona September 15, 2017
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Contributing to libre software
- Creative Commons
- data mining
- Developer motivations
- Development tools
- Economic Aspects
- FaiF SaaS
- Free Cultural Works
- Free culture
- Free Software
- Free Software Foundation
- libre software
- Libre software for Windows
- Moving into free software
- Project Management
- social networks
My git repoHere you can find the documents that I wrote about libre software. Most of them are final reports for the subjects of Master of Libre Software at URJC Link to Gitorious mswl-larjona-docs repository
Tag Archives: Freedom
This is a guest post by Alberto Fuentes, Debian contributor. Thanks!! I’m rebuilding one my home server and decided to take a look at the FreedomBox project as the base for it. The 0.6 version was recently released and I … Continue reading
Note: In this post I mention some problems and ask questions (to myself, like “thinking aloud”). The goal is not to get answers to those questions (I suppose that I will find them soon or later in the internet, manuals … Continue reading
Today we celebrate the day of free software (each year, a saturday around mid-September) More info at softwarefreedomday.org There are no public events in Madrid, but I’m going to try to hack and write a bit more this weekend, as … Continue reading
I came ‘late’ to many free software communities (including identi.ca), when the software had been released more than two years before, and the community was already mature. So, when Evan Prodromou announced the migration of Identi.ca to a new software … Continue reading
Esto es una traducción del artículo “Secure Boot and Restricted Boot” escrito por Matthew Garrett y publicado el 26 de marzo de 2013. El repositorio git que he usado para la traducción sigue activo, por si alguien tiene alguna contribución … Continue reading