About the title of this blogThe first title was "Another blog about free software". Later I changed it to "The bright side" as a tribute of Monty Python's "Always look at the bright side of life" (from Brian's Life film). The background philosophy of free software and its communities also make me feel these good vibrations coming from the bright side of life.
Become a Conservancy Supporter!
No DRM in HTML 5
- New comment by larjona April 30, 2017@zagur Quizá Transportr
- New comment by larjona April 30, 2017@ondiz en las bibliotecas que frecuento, verifican que el disco esté bien antes de prestarlas. Si no lo hicieron, no pueden acusarte.
- New comment by larjona April 29, 2017@andersbateva Thanks for the suggestion. That would work for the blog posts but not other pump.io notes. I'll find my way, no worries ;)
- New note by larjona April 29, 2017New blogpost: "Underestimating #Debian" https://larjona.wordpress.com/2017/04/14/underestimating-debian/
- New note by larjona April 29, 2017Well, the bridge that I was using for pump.io -> GNU Social is broken since long; so I'll try to repost here until I find better solution
- New comment by larjona April 30, 2017
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Tag CloudAndroid Blog books code_swarm Communities Companies Contributing to libre software Creative Commons data mining Debian Developer motivations development Development tools DNIe Drupal Eclipse Economic Aspects Education encryption English Español F-Droid FaiF SaaS federation Forges Free Cultural Works Free culture Freedom Free Software Free Software Foundation funny Games git GNOME gpg identi.ca innovation internationalization KDE LaTeX LibreOffice libre software Libre software for Windows licenses Linux localization MediaGoblin Moodle Moving into free software MSR msr12 mswl mswl-cases mswl-communities mswl-devtools mswl-dm mswl-eco mswl-integ mswl-intro mswl-legal mswl-manage mswl-thesis Netiquette OpenOffice Project Management pump.io Research selfhosting social networks statistics statusnet sysadmin translations Ubuntu University
My git repoHere you can find the documents that I wrote about libre software. Most of them are final reports for the subjects of Master of Libre Software at URJC Link to Gitorious mswl-larjona-docs repository
Tag Archives: F-Droid
Thanks to the Bazaar effort of The Guardian Project, I’ve been offered a phone to test F-Droid and other free software apps for Android. I accepted the offer, and chose a Samsung Galaxy S III phone with Replicant 4.2.2, installed and shipped by Tehnoetic. I’m using … Continue reading
Note: This blog post, in English, here. No soy jugona, aunque quizá he jugado a máquinas/ordenador más que la mayoría de las chicas de mi época. Mi ruta fue: maquinita, Pong y tenis en la consola de mi tío, MSX … Continue reading
Nota: Este artículo, en español, aquí. I’m not a gamer, although probably I’ve played with machines/computers more than most of the girls of my age. My path has been: handheld machine, Pong and tenis in my uncle’s console, MSX (with … Continue reading
Today we celebrate the day of free software (each year, a saturday around mid-September) More info at softwarefreedomday.org There are no public events in Madrid, but I’m going to try to hack and write a bit more this weekend, as … Continue reading
Como continuación del post “Pequeñas joyas del software libre”, y con motivo del día internacional del software libre, hoy mencionaré algunos programas que hacen más libre mis dispositivos Android. Android es software libre pero tus cacharros Android no Aunque Android … Continue reading
The F-Droid Repository is an easily-installable catalogue of FOSS (free, open source software) applications for the Android platform. The server contains the details of multiple versions of each application, and the Android client makes it easy to browse, install them … Continue reading